offer the best in legal services.
Our legal professionals know the courts and the legal business in Norfolk County.
We take pride in giving our clients reliable advice and representation with respect to all legal issues.
P.O. Box 548
Canada N3Y 4N5
P.O. Box 1419
Port Dover, Ontario
Canada N0A 1N0
News and Events
Cobb and Jones Law Office has an immediate opening for a full time Family/Litigation Assistant with 2 years of experience, supporting two associate lawyers in their family/litigation practice at our Simcoe location.
Primary Duties Include:
• Preparation and drafting of correspondence and legal documents, including but not limited to: applications, separation agreements, parenting plans, pleadings, affidavits, memos, correspondence, etc.)
• Opening & Closing of client files, in accordance with LSUC guidelines
• Prepare financial statements and Net Family Property (NFP) Statements
• Ability to provide administrative support including researching, compiling, comparing, and organizing legal documents, corresponding with clients
• Act as the intermediary between clients and lawyer while conducting calendar and schedule management
• Managing the physical and electronic client files in accordance with firm policies
• Docketing lawyers time daily, and maintaining accurate billing records
• Other general duties as required
• 2 years of Family/Litigation law experience
• Solid understanding of Family Law Rules and court filing processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
• Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PC Law, Outlook and DivorceMate)
Please email Stephanie Vandenberg, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org”
We are thrilled to continue our sponsorship and continued relationship with Port Dover's Lighthouse Festival Theater. Check out our advertising ads on the back of each play pamphlet for a good laugh.
We are pleased to announce that Matthew Harmes has joined our firm as a new associate lawyer practicing Real Estate, Estates, Family and Civil Litigation. Congratulations Matt!
Instead of the usual staff gift exchange, this year we bought gifts for the Norfolk Pregnancy Centre. We had great deal of fun collecting all kinds of goodies! Diapers, formula, baby items and toys!
Cobb & Jones participated in the 8th Annual Grate Groan Up Spelling Bee! Our team included Shawn Swarts, Walter Drescher and Stephanie Vandenberg. We may not be good Spellerz but we had fun trying and raising money for a great cause!